🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Exception Thrown and Unhandled Exception

Started by
12 comments, last by JoeJ 4 years, 4 months ago

fleabay said:

LeftyGuitar said:
Yes I am using a tutorial to help me figure out how to use Bullet with Irrlicht.

You need to understand C++, Bullet, and Irrlicht before you ‘figure out how to use Bullet with Irrlicht.’

I have a decent understanding of C++ and Irrlicht and some experience with Bullet. I am starting to think my issue might have to be due to the way the libraries are linked.

Advertisement

@LeftyGuitar

https://github.com/mahmoudgalal/Irrlicht-Bullet-Integration

You can search github on ‘irrlicht bullet’ and find similar projects. I just picked this one because it looked good.

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂<←The tone posse, ready for action.

Instead of linking to the physics library, you can just add all its code to your project to compile yourself.
Then you can debug it as usual, but each time you update the physics lib there is some extra work if they add / remove files.
It also removes the need link to the physics lib.

It's also possible to use debug dlls. Then you can also debug the physics code although it's a linked dll. Probably the recommended way of doing it, but i prefer the above.

But first, see if world being zero is something that happens in your own code.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement