🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

One words for the perfect games= PARODYS

Started by
11 comments, last by Ion_blaster 22 years, 4 months ago
you heard me! parodies! they rock! Immortal Combat= Mortal combat, but both of the players are invincable! Grand Theft Areo= Fly through the air taking planes and doing missions for sky mobs. QuakeR Arena= Its a battle between quakers in a bunch of levels. Wargames= A bunch of Military GI''s playing hopscotch, marbles, and hackeysack Go 4 it!
"Kick ass and chew bubble gum. Darnet! I'm out of gum!"
Advertisement
Your right, parodies can make funny games, but I''ve only seen them succesful when they''re adventure games (Lucasarts, sierra etc). Otherwise they''re just funny for a few hours at most, then the game is all that''s left, and it''ll probbably be another substanderd clone game. There are quite a few shareware/freeware ones going around though...

Maybe you meant a comedy game, which is another thing entirely...(a good thing )
*********-.o-**********
I have never seen a parody game that didn''t suck phenomenal amounts of arse. Invariably, the production quality is poor (since the programmers are only doing it as a joke) the design is poor (because it is only a joke) and they are seldom successful (who is going to spend £10 on a joke game, let alone £30?)

Some of the better ones might be sufficiently entertaining or funny to warrant a download, but don''t expect to make any money out of a parody game.
I do think that Pong Kombat was one of the better pong implementations that I''ve played...

And Stick Fighter II actually had all the gameplay of the original intact.
i got it! Metal Gear Gaseous! and his arch nemises Plasma Snake!
Metal Gear Gaseous? You gonna smoke yourself retarded! But it doesnt sound to bad.

"Kick ass and chew bubble gum. Darnet! I''m out of gum!"
"Kick ass and chew bubble gum. Darnet! I'm out of gum!"
PYST (parody of Myst) sucked bigtime. I played it for what - 5 minutes, before I got sick of it?

Superpig
- saving pigs from untimely fates
- sleeps in a ham-mock at www.thebinaryrefinery.cjb.net

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

there is already a pig saving game = S.W.I.N.E
Anyway here''s mine

2500 AD
A spesies of brutal and awfully sarcastic oversized hamster cyborgs with super-high tech weapons like the nut mutatelater and there source of power is electro-sunflower seeds, and their special power(example=RA2-Nuke) is the Atomic Nuckear Pistachio Bomb.

The fight the nature-lovers, the....the...um....the hispanic accented mules of the 17th century who are super-Low tech but very efficient(Donkeys-hardworkin.Hmmph,the odd.). They were transported to the current time by a um... a something
bla bla bla
they battle
A spoon needs a FORK!
quote: Original post by Torn Space
Grand Theft Aero might be hard to pull off. How exactly would you jump out and jack somebody at 700 mph?

very carefully...
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
quote: Original post by krez
very carefully...

very VERY carefully
Grand Sub Theft ;p

Edited by - fork on January 27, 2002 12:21:15 PM
A spoon needs a FORK!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement