🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Another World

Started by
2 comments, last by foobar 22 years, 5 months ago
Just being curious. Does anyone know the game Another World a.k.a. Out Of This World? It was an action adventure back in the amiga-500 days. Ported to SEGA i believe, and maybe DOS too... That was an interesting storyling. At least I liked it Some physics experiment put the hero (dont remember names) in a strange world - somewhen and somewhere. The point was to just survive, and escape the "bad guys". Who those bad guys were, what they are doing was only revealed to the player by a "friend", which our hero helped to escape from prison. Anyway, i like games that dont come with a long and detailed story - what happend, what is actually going on. Just putting the player in, saying: here you are, survive! and revealing just enough every once in a while to keep you interested. Maybe this could be combined with the "hit the monkey" idea Would surely make a good game... bye, -- foobar
--- foobarWe push more polygons before breakfast than most people do in a day
Advertisement
Oh, yes, that game was très cool...it had one of the best intros i''ve ever seen.
Yeah, at least the beginning was very interesting.
And both gameplay and storyline were even better in the sequel.
Yeah that game was great, they don''t make them like the used to.
They don''t even sell them anymore, but you can download it for free from www.theunderdogs.org under "O" for "out of this world". Flashback was also great, games had more atmos back then because graphic where poorer and so the makers concentrated on gameplay and story.

The developers of the future should play this game and learn from it.

Download it.

Ian Morgan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement