🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Types of game writing

Started by
12 comments, last by Tacit 22 years, 4 months ago
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(BTW Where "writing/editing for openings & endings" would fall? cutscenes?)
RPG game programming and tutorials - Playable demo in Progress!
http://www.rrc2soft.com
Advertisement
That''s where I would include it.

Ok well if at least one person will read it then I''ll put something together. I guess I should contact someone on staff to ask about length etc.
_________________________The Idea Foundry
If you do it as an article, it would be good if there was an example of each style, and how they all vary (and what certain ones have in common). For example, we use very different language when writing to entertain compared to that used when writing to inform, and also compared to the writing used to persuade. A new writer may not immediately spot such distinctions. And of course there''s the big differences in writing screenplays compared to prose, etc.

[ MSVC Fixes | STL | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost ]
I''ll certainly do my best to cover all these things, and I''ll see if I can''t leverage some of my industry contacts to get good solid quotes from people in the industry working as writers. I dislike how sometimes I read articles here and elsewhere written by completely unqualified people with absolutely no citations or referrals to experts in the subject matter. I''ll try not to make the same mistake.
_________________________The Idea Foundry

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement