🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

RTS idea, creative minds needed

Started by
0 comments, last by nellspot 22 years, 4 months ago
I have posted this in the game design forum as well. sorry to the people who visit both. I have juggled around a few different ideas for a RTS game. However, my lastest idea involves magic vs machines. A world where swords and magic may be just as powerful as guns and tanks. I am hoping there are some creative minds who can pour their ideas out. Whatever they may be. I am mostly looking for ideas on the fantasy side. Cool ways to attack and defend against the army/navy/air force. I appreciate any advice or thoughts given. Thanks.
Advertisement
This is a difficult question to answer. The question that begs to be answered is how could such a situation arise?

In the fantasy/magic setting, there are still machines - in fact the same human mind which built arrow slits in castles also designed the latest fighter jet. So are you making a rule that the magic-oriented side are technologically held-back? If so, why haven''t they tried to combine magic with the latest technology? Perhaps they are a different race which is more focussed on mysticism than science?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement