🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Clive Barker talks about writing for Undying

Started by
-1 comments, last by Tacit 22 years, 3 months ago
Gamespy''s old interview (Dec. 2000) with Clive Barker has a couple of interesting snippets about his experience writing for this game... http://www.gamespy.com/interviews/december00/clive/ Here''s an excerpt: "GameSpy: So as someone who normally tells linear stories, how did you feel about working in a non-linear medium? Clive Barker: It''s a dream come true…. The largest book I ever wrote was Imajica, which was about a thousand pages long. One of the things that happened when I wrote that book was that I became very aware of the road not traveled. There were ways the narrative could''ve gone, but didn''t. So I''ve always wanted to play with a narrative that gave you a multiplicity of options but - and this is the difficult thing - gave you real reasons for having those options, as opposed to just having more monsters to kill. I''m not saying we''ve beaten that problem in Undying, but we''ve come much closer than most."
_________________________The Idea Foundry

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement