🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Write your own chunk...

Started by
96 comments, last by superpig 22 years, 2 months ago
This has probably been done before, but I feel like writing, and I could use some ideas. I''ll start with an opening couple of paragraphs, and then you add a couple to it, etc, etc, ad infinitum (or till we get bored ). Please don''t try and bring it to a close, unless you''re trying to challenge us into finding ways out of impossible situations... --------- The air was hot and dry, and the golden sands stretched away in all directions, as far as the eye could see. The jeep hummed along the dusty track, and finally arrived at the campsite. I don''t know entirely why I was there; except that this was Shanwell''s last known location, near to the dig site that he''d discovered. And now, he was gone - disappeared, like water in the desert. And I - for a fee - had been hired to find him. ---------- Superpig - saving pigs from untimely fates - sleeps in a ham-mock at www.thebinaryrefinery.cjb.net

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Advertisement
---------
But...I couldn''t be bothered (the fools paid me half up-front anyway!), instead I went to sleep and let other people do my job.
But then, BOOM! The jeep exploded, I knew it - the aliens were upon us!
---------

Sorry
--------
After flying out of my exploding jeep, I realized this wasn''t the normal meat-and-potatoes investigation. Something must be up. Before coming here, I did read the travel bulletin. Evidentally this place is known for having alien sightings. So yes, Aliens, perhaps. However, I need more information... and new transportation... *he eyes a local caravan and their camels* Perhaps....
----------
- T. Wade Murphy
I could hijak a camel, kill the guy on it, and ride home!... But then i said to myself, who are we kidding? I went to the caravans, threatened to kill em if they didnt give me money and food. As it turns up, they only had 15 Colombian Pesos. Perhaps I can sell the camels
to a burrito stand, where they could turn them all into tomorrows special. But that would get only get me another 15 pesos. I think I''ll try trading them for a copy of E.T. so I can prepare myself for killing those pesky aliens. BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM what the ...
----------
heck is the butcher doing? You don''t slaughter a camel like that! "Hey Man, Give me what''s let of the Camel... Here''s E.T."
----------
but unfortunantly, the idiot didnt understand a word i said, and started butchering E.T.. Now I was left without an alien, money, and any means of transportation. I was also out of food. The burrito guy understood me and gave me yesterdays special, it tastes... humanish... I expected it just to be what desert burritos taste like, but then i noticed a human eye in it!

[edited by - penguin on April 20, 2002 9:38:21 PM]
quote: Original post by penguin
but unfortunantly, the idiot didnt understand a word i said, and started butchering E.T.. Now I was left without an alien, money, and any means of transportation. I was also out of food. The burrito guy understood me and gave me yesterdays special, it tastes... humanish... I expected it just to be what desert burritos taste like, but then i noticed a human eye in it!

[edited by - penguin on April 20, 2002 9:38:21 PM]

ohh come on... now all you are going to write about is human eyes and junk.

[ my engine ][ my game ][ my email ]
SPAM
Rate me up.
"Look there''s a desert Yeti!" said my unmentioned compadre, Judith. "Let''s follow it!" I ejaculated.

Off we went, mut over jeff.
Wait, Wait, Wait, let''s back up! WTF is that eye doing in there?
Oooohh!!!!! It''s the butcher''s prosthetic eye! After giving back Mr. Butcher''s eye we continued our hunt for THE DESERT YETI!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement