🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

The Week of Awesome IV ! - Fourth annual unofficial gamedev.net competition - Administration thread.

Started by
86 comments, last by SilviuShader 7 years, 10 months ago

+1 to the party! :D

Team: Frango Digital
Members: devn00b
Site:https://frangodigital.itch.io/

Great to have you guys return, can't wait to see what you'll come up with! :)

It's my pleasure join again this year. Last week i joined in a 48 hours game jam and now i'm warming up to this. And sorry for any gramatical error, english isn't my native language.

Advertisement

Looking for a team/Looking for team members

This is my first game jam and I'd love to participate. I mainly code java, but I can work with other stuff as well :)

Looking for a team/Looking for team members

This is my first game jam and I'd love to participate. I mainly code java, but I can work with other stuff as well :)

he also found one team mate and that would be me

team name is still being discused

Slicer, can you add Tetriarch to my team? Thanks.

"The code you write when you learn a new language is shit.
You either already know that and you are wise, or you don’t realize it for many years and you are an idiot. Either way, your learning code is objectively shit." - L. Spiro

"This is called programming. The art of typing shit into an editor/IDE is not programming, it's basically data entry. The part that makes a programmer a programmer is their problem solving skills." - Serapth

"The 'friend' relationship in c++ is the tightest coupling you can give two objects. Friends can reach out and touch your privates." - frob

Count us in!

Team: 7 day masochists

Members: IYP, newtechnology, markythepooch and noel(not sure if he has a game dev account)

noel(not sure if he has a game dev account)

http://www.gamedev.net/user/116691-neometron/

Slicer, can you remove my name from IYP's team? Thanks.

[background=#fafbfc]Slicer, can you remove my name from IYP's team? Thanks.[/background]

Well, that was short lived :P

anyway, it has been asked in chat on the idea of allowing helpers that don't wish to join any team, but are interested in contributing assets or work to any teams that need assistance throughout the week. I have participated in jams before that have a group of people that act in this way, but with this jam also being a contest, it presents issues with how rewards are handled, especially to those that act as helpers. anyway, before i'd get into the nitty gritty of working out how a helper would participate, i'd like to ask if their is interest in anyone who would like to act as purely helpers, basically are their people that would make it worth pursuing this idea or not?
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

Though I personally will not be using 'helpers' (my artist and I will be doing 100% of the work, and use free online resources for the remaining 72%), I don't mind others using them. The idea of other teams using them doesn't bother me.

As for any 'prize' issue, I think just making it simply 'anyone not officially on a team [even as a solo competitor] will not get any share of the prizes, even if they helped a team win'. And if the team itself wants to divvy up the prize differently, that's their business and not a burden/responsibility the contest admin should have to carry.

Though I personally will not be using 'helpers' (my artist and I will be doing 100% of the work, and use free online resources for the remaining 72%), I don't mind others using them. The idea of other teams using them doesn't bother me.

As for any 'prize' issue, I think just making it simply 'anyone not officially on a team [even as a solo competitor] will not get any share of the prizes, even if they helped a team win'. And if the team itself wants to divvy up the prize differently, that's their business and not a burden/responsibility the contest admin should have to carry.

I appreciate the input Servant, however it seems not much discussion has been generated :P anyway i'll leave this topic open for anyone that wishes to talk more on the subject.

onto other matters, i'd like to thank iedoc for his additional support of 100$ to the prize pool!
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement