🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Is being too original a bad thing?

Started by
48 comments, last by Golden Bunny 22 years ago
*yawn*

*repeats himself*

This is not a real idea I came up with. I just wanted feedback and though it would be cool(as you call it, "goofing around"). Thats all. I have some serious ideas that I feel won''t make it. I will post the storyline for it shortly.
"A programmer, when told to go to hell, sees the 'go to' and not the 'hell' as the harmful part of the sentence."
Advertisement
Then why don''t you tell us this **REAL** idea you have and stop wasting our time with this dickoff, half-brained idea you came up with in 12 minutes while hotgluing a cardboard box to your forehead in shop class.
AP, shut up or take a name. Stop flamebaiting.

GB: no idea is too stupid. A game might be too stupid, sure - but not an idea.

This is a game writing forum. As such, it encompasses all aspects of writing - real and surreal. Go ahead and tell us your idea, I know at least I will do my best to evaluate it on its own ground. The worst that can happen is that it''s no good.

Superpig
- saving pigs from untimely fates
- sleeps in a ham-mock at www.thebinaryrefinery.cjb.net

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

I''m going to post my worst idea. Since AP might steal it. This is a 3D fighting game that I had in mind. Heres the storyline.

A long time ago in the Planet Earth there was a group of people who practice a popular religion called the Tarisna. The people who practice the religion are called Tarisism they would gather once a week to worship their God Maroking. 14 Million years after the Earths creation Maroking sent his holy son to earth to warn the people of earth what was going to happen in the future. His son was named Masroka, Maroking sent Masroka down as a grown man. A few months after the arrival of Masroka, some people didn''t beleive he was sent by Maroking. But yet he had a few disiples. People thought he was crazy. His disiples beleived his words and wrote it down in a book called the Bonny. Masroka lived in earth for 2 years and 5 months. When he was done telling his disiples what he needs to. Maroking brought him back up.

Now 3 Milliniums(3000 years) later the Tarisna religion became a smaller religion because of the controverse surrounding Masroka. Archaeologist were looking for dinosaur fossils and instead found the Bonny. After they discover the Bonny undergound they re-writen the whole book and publish it. After that the Tarisna Religion was revive into popularity. The next generation of Tarisism people read the holy book once a week during worship survice in church.

One day during Mass. Father Mukata read the words from the Bonny. In the Bonny it said that 3 Milliniums after the arrival of Masroka an uncontrolable Alien race will come to earth and try to take over the planet. The people in the church were terrified about the Father''s speech. 2 years and 5 months later in the state of Navada. The people celebrated Masroka aniverserary. While the ceremony was going. 35 miles away from the ceremony in a local news radiostation the reporter said that in a Ohio Lab. They have detected Aliens on their satelite rader.

So the government send out special fighters to destroy the aliens once they arrive on earth.
In a excerpt from the Bonny it said:
"A force so powerful nor missile could destroy, A force so big nor humans could avoid."
Masroka also said:
"12 Young soldier will be call upon their destiny, as they destroy the Aliens it will be mark down as history"
12 young soldiers on earth are possessed with special powers that are strong enough to destroy the aliens. 4 of them are in America, 4 of them are from Japan, 1 from Antartica, 1 from Germany, and 2 of them are in China. The American government join them together to fight!

"A programmer, when told to go to hell, sees the 'go to' and not the 'hell' as the harmful part of the sentence."
yes, you are right, that is a pretty bad idea.

All it is is christianity revamped and redone with a few minor changes and a very local perspective on the world.

In order to make a good storyline, you must have a broad perspective on what is happening. The world has to react, not just the microcosm of a city/town/state.

do some broad thinking and redo that storyline so it isn''t as empty as it now appears.
"everything you need is around you...the only danger is inside of you."
(He did say it was his worst idea)

As already mentioned, only one town?

12 guys defeating an alien race that ''no missile can destroy?''

Perhaps the government and the archeologists would read the book when it''s found, rather than just publishing it...?

Superpig

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Funny, you''re the same guy who said no idea is too stupid.
Actually the story sounds like it was ripped from the 13th Warrior, except with only 12, and without the Vikings and the Arabian.
quote: Original post by Golden Bunny
Funny, you''re the same guy who said no idea is too stupid.

Correct. However, given that I assume you intend to turn your idea into a game, you''re going to need to lower its stupidity level to be acceptable.

Superpig

quote: Original post by Golden Bunny
I''m going to ignore those stupid remarks. You devote the majority of your day writing a looooong post .

You shouldn''t because what he said should be very enlighting if you have the will to understand it.

I should not be, but you are making me very angry. To my point of view you are the typical "hot shot" that think he''s the best. Graahh.

Friends of yours tells you your ideas are bad and your excuse ? "Well it''s because they are original and weird, you cannot understand you are weak minded blabla" What a pathetic way to make you feel better. To add to the drama you won''t tell us your best ideas because we might steal them ? You should write a comedy that would be hilarious.

Put some of that pride aside, learn from your mistakes, evolve, survive. *huuh, that sounded cheesy*

Anyway, I sincerely wish you luck in your writings because at least your ideas are flowing, which is good. Good luck.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement