🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Your favorite game story

Started by
74 comments, last by llvllatrix 21 years, 11 months ago
The thing about blizzard games is that even though the back ground stories are intricate, doing the missions or playing the game becomes tedious. Especially when u want to know what happens next. When you know, you sort of get tired of the game (diablo). The only reason SC still lives is because of the great multiplayer.

The guys at blizzard are great programmers though. The reason their deadlines are pushed back so much is because they have stated that they will not release a game unless it conforms to their standards. None of their games will be released with a known bugs list.

Terranigma is still the best though. You''ll hate yourself for finishing the game (and you''ll see why if u do); it has the best game ending...but im not going to spoil it
Advertisement
btw...what did u guys think of Earthbound? I kinda liked it, great music (lol), and a wierd, ever changing, story. I hear the guys at www.starmen.net are trying to bring it''s sequal back from the grave, but it probably wont go through
I''m kinda saddened that FF8 hasn''t been mentioned yet. Flawed plot, but that characterization was excellent. Irritating, yet in a realistic manner.

I agree about Earthbound. That''s gotta be the most creative game I''ve ever seen. I couldn''t tell if it was made by someone incredibly immature or by a brilliant druggie.
Im not sure if any of you remember this game but Out of this World, when you beat it and the two characters take off on that dragon, I thought it was awsome exspecially for a game with cut scenes like that with limited technology.
"The temple of flying saucers" (Amiga)
Ultima Underworld (1 & 2)
Ultima 7 (both parts)

Darkhaven Beta-test stage coming soon.
I take back all the other games I named before.
Xenogears forever!

Duran Strife: Brainless, but deep

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement