🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Your favorite game story

Started by
74 comments, last by llvllatrix 21 years, 11 months ago
- Baldur Gates 2 series
Besides slicing Irenicus and Melisan with six fighters are fun, the story is the best.

- Planescape Torment
Most unique story line... you die and die and die...

- Icewind Dale series
Make me feels like I''m in an adventure.

- Diablo 1 to 2
D2 alone is not enough... and you need to click-n-read all available ''story book'' in Diablo1 to make it more interesting)

- Starcraft/Broodwar (I''m waiting Jimmy''s revenge)
Read the history few times.. and play it start ''til end... and you''ll know what you are missing apart from Multiplayer-Melee.
"after many years of singularity, i'm still searching on the event horizon"
Advertisement
Chrono Trigger
The story in Terranigma had some interesting parts, but got way too twisted in the end IMHO.
Planescape torment-best storyline, and told awesomely.
I thought Thief was pretty cool too.
for me it has to be the amiga days which released so many decent games with 100% concentrated, no additives nor preservatives added gameplay and storyline.

Out of this world was awesome. The whole games had me riveted. The introduction following the quick spalsh in the water and the chase by the beast had me hooked. The friendship with the other being and some of the funky action scenes stolen from films such as the frantic escape right at the end in the tank and ending up in the pool area really showed those french developers thought hard about the game. As you can tell that game is one of my favourites.

Cinemaware titles were really good at storytelling such as Robin Hood, It came from the DEsert (sent chills) and Wings. The flamethrower was just pure sadism.

And finally i liked syndacate. Kidnapping people and making them soldiers etc kitting htem up to do serious damage.Wicked.

Hats off to those developers who could make such decent games by using atmosphere inducing animation, character development and mood creating audio all on an amazing 2 disks.

ahh the good ole daye eh...playing on the amiga and listening to the prodigy. Right less of this time for some work.
Aki

"I aint flying no plane fool!"

Vampire the masquerade: Redemption
Never finished it though, only played it at my friend, but the story is really good and well told.
/ Martin
REOFL
i used to play the day of the tentacle when i was 5 .. that game was a friggin awesome i pissed my pants tho accidently i put the cd in wront and like took a big chunck out of it .. never got to play it again ..
i would have to say Final Fantasy VII and Secret of Mana.
very good stories. and also.... believe this.... Wing Commander I.

Knowledge is what you learn, wisdom is how you apply it.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

omg at this moment in time i have to say best story lines are NOT max payne that the game was good but not awesome... deus ex and thief series are the best story ever i have to say if you dont like my opinion f**k you

-i am the alpha and the omega
omg at this moment in time i have to say best story lines are NOT max payne that the game was good but not awesome... deus ex and thief series are the best story ever i have to say if you dont like my opinion f**k you

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement