🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Your favorite game story

Started by
74 comments, last by llvllatrix 21 years, 11 months ago
I''d have to throw in my vote for Planescape: Torment and Ultima VI.

Honourable mention would go to Warcraft III so far (I''m only about 1/3 of the way through) - it is the best story I''ve found in an RTS so far!

Cheers,
Russ
Stuck between Murphy's rock and Peter's hard place -- Unknown
Advertisement
FF4, FF7, Xenogears, ChronoTrigger, Secret of Mana 2, Terranigma, and Tales of Phantasia. Although some other games have better gameplay and graphics, these seven are some of the deepest gmaes I have ever played.
Bad Dudes! LOL-- This is an nes game. The whole storyline is:
The president has been kidnapped by ninjas! Are you a bad enough dude to save him? Thats it! LOL!

Seriously though, I don''t know why, because the storyline isn''t that creative, but I still like King''s Quest storyline the best. Also FF3.
--Muzlack
quote: Original post by Muzlack
Bad Dudes! LOL-- This is an nes game. The whole storyline is:
The president has been kidnapped by ninjas! Are you a bad enough dude to save him?

I second Bad Dudes, it has the greatest storyline in any game by far. They need to remake Bad Dudes, Bad Dudes 3D or something, same story, different president...

vagrant story for the ps.....never would''ve guess it.
To me, THE BEST story EVER was Diablo, and Diablo 2''s storylines. If you know what''s happening, and can peice every little thing together, from the quests, the stories in the manual, other books written about Diablo, the cinematics, to me the story was awesome!
Tyler
I CHANGE MY MIND - MINESWEEPER HAS THE BEST STORYLINE MAN!!
Tyler
In order (1st place, 2nd, 3rd...):

- Final Fantasy VI (FF3 US version)
- Chrono Trigger
- Seiken Densetsu 2 (Secret of Mana)

You could probably add a lot of titles to this list, but these are the main ones. I think I played all known RPGs, except for a few like Terranigma (I know, shame on me) and the Dragon Warrior serie. I can think of many good games with great stories, but the worst story I've ever seen in a RPG is FF8.

---
I'm trying to bring order where I succesfully brought chaos.

[edited by - Natix on July 9, 2002 7:34:56 PM]
You guys have to be kidding me. After this many posts nobody has picked the BEST game story EVER? Well, this is it:

1. System Shock 2

Im sorry, but when you have annelids that "sing beautiful songs" in people's ears, a computer virus who thinks she is a god and refers to you as "pitiful insect", an organism named The Many that encompasses the ENTIRE ship the game is based around and says stuff like,"How can you prefer cold metal over the warmth and beauty of flesh", and an atmospheric storyline that makes you scared to even play the game, how.. HOW, can you say a game with a better story possibly exists. Really, if you have never played the game, then I suggest you find it now.

[edited by - Zefrieg on July 11, 2002 3:53:39 PM]
Well I''m a very big rpg fan so my favorites run like this

ff4
ff7
and
Skies of Arcadia
The road to hell is paved in good intentions

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement