🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

AngelScript logo: Any suggestions?

Started by
48 comments, last by fnm 16 years, 9 months ago
Decided not to wait with the draft. Here's what I managed to do with MS Paint.

I think the gear wasn't properly centered. It kind looks like the upper part is larger than the lower one. That could of course be attributed to the poor hand drawn and pixelated cogs as well. ;)

I think as a draft it shows the idea pretty well. And in my opinion I think it would be a really good representation for AngelScript.

What do you guys think?

Would anyone care to try making a bit more refined version? Perhaps a bit larger? So that we can judge the outcome better?

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Advertisement
Quote: Original post by WitchLord

I suck with graphics, but this was my stab at this. One would need to redo the A so it isnt' blury...

Also though maybe something like this...

I think the gear should be smaller and behind the A instead of surrounding it. However your idea of combining a couple of gears into a clockwork may be cool as well. I'm willing to experiment with that.

How did you draw those gears? They look very good.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

How did you draw those gears? They look very good.

Used this for this first one, then the second with the meshing gears was copy-paste, as I didn't have time to work through it.
An attempt at refining the ideas so far:

The two images are essentially the same, except for the height of the A. The latter looks much better to me (which also gives more credit to prototype for getting it right the first time).

Im not an artist but what about something like:
Here's one idea from myself:

I vote for this. I was going to draw the same thing with the halo and wings where the dot on the 'i' would be, until I saw this.

This is a ugly fast mouse drawn of the idea i expressed.

Also with wings ...

AbrKen.
I like dmail's suggestion really well - the way letter A and wings were integrated into the wheel itself. Pretty good idea.
I would suggest good old ascii art

Angelscript and the wings drawn by some lines of code (maybe the code would do something if you write it?)

most times it looks great, it has a graphical relation to the product as well as a thematical and it needs only black (suitable for mono color media)

or you try it the other way round and draw only the background and leaf out the logo, would include the surprise effect

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement