🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

AngelScript logo: Any suggestions?

Started by
48 comments, last by fnm 16 years, 9 months ago
Quote:
There's some nice graphics among those, however I'd like to stress again that the the name and the typeface used to expess it are of crucial importance to the marketability of the logo. As a relatively unknown brand you can't afford to go with a graphic alone and expect people to recognize what it's about. You have to put emphasis on the name, because that's how people are going to identify, remember and communicate your product.

The importance of typeface should not be underestimated here, as it gives 'personality' and context to the words. It's the primary emotion that you associate your name with and needless to say, it should be chosen carefully. The icon really is of secondary importance.

You have a good point.

Obviously I won't present just the logotype, the name must be there too. Though I'm asking for ideas on the logotype because that's the most difficult part to come up with. Once I've decided upon a logotype I'll put up a few different alternatives for the whole deal so that people can vote on the best one.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Advertisement
Just throwing this one out there.

The more I think about it, I think that the name should somehow be the logo. the gear, whilst cool, doesn't, IMHO, reflect what AS does...

I'm not sure if the above is in the right direction though...let me know what you think.
Maybe you're right, maybe the name should be part for the logo itself. If anyone has any cool ideas on that, feel free to post them.

I think you've gone beyond the logotype design and more into a web page design with your latest suggestion.

You also mentioned that AdisH suggestion looks too much like some military medal, and I would have to agree with that. I didn't see this as a bad idea at first, but the more I think about it maybe we should try some other directions.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Quote: [...]maybe we should try some other directions.
I personally think this is a good idea.

You mention web-pageish. I see what you mean.

Why not follow the keep it simple, stupid mantra, and just have the AS name with a small tag line?

It's simple, and explains what it does. Granted there are no fancy renders, but the font face, imho, ties into the term "Angel". It's a unique font face, but quite readable.

Moving in the right direction?
I like the idea of using 'courier new' as the font for writing AngelScript. To me it nicely represents the fact that it is a programming library.

Still I'd like a logo with a little more than just a textlabel, to make it a bit more catchy and unique.

I think I'm completing the circle and coming back to my own first idea as my current favorite:

I'm still open for other suggestions though.

Ok. I got bored.

(No, that's not a serious suggestion.)

Back on topic, I think if you go with a logo with the the name as a prominent part, I'd stick with one with the halo over the A. Ex:

Quote: Original post by AdisH
Just my two cents:

free image host free image host free image host free image host
freeimagehost.eus

:) (btw. I love AngelScript - great job man, keep it up)

Greate Stuff,

What if "AngelScript" was etched into the circumference of the gear?

Thanks for the suggestion SiCrane.

I like the image. I didn't know you were an artist too. :)

Quote: Original post by AdisH
free image host
I like this one above all else that has been shown so far. Maybe bend the wings a bit so that they look more like angels wings rather than military.

i would definitely vote for this

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement