🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

AngelScript logo: Any suggestions?

Started by
48 comments, last by fnm 16 years, 9 months ago
Bumping & elaborating on Abrken's idea.

Advertisement
Looks quite cool!

Now I'm in doubt again as to which idea I like best. ;)

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

I only spent any time on the gear. The A is just there for the gear to be around it.

Which one is the forunner right now?
Just my two cents:

free image host free image host free image host free image host
freeimagehost.eus

:) (btw. I love AngelScript - great job man, keep it up)
Quote: Original post by AdisH
Just my two cents:

freeimagehost.eus

whau ! pretty cool stuff man :)

+1 for this

I agree. Very cool indeed!

What software did you use to render these? I would love to have one of those as a real object.

I enjoy seeing the various iterations of the ideas that have been given. Feel free to join in with more ideas or iterations of the already given ideas.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Quote: Original post by AdisH
Just my two cents:

freeimagehost.eus

It looks like a military medal !

AbrKen
@kunitoki: Thanks man.

@WitchLord: I used Vray + 3ds max 7, and yes the metal one would make for a great paperweight :)

@abrken: :), yeah I guess it does look a bit airforce-ish

If you have any ideas on how to improve it, feel free to say so.

Cheers.
There's some nice graphics among those, however I'd like to stress again that the the name and the typeface used to expess it are of crucial importance to the marketability of the logo. As a relatively unknown brand you can't afford to go with a graphic alone and expect people to recognize what it's about. You have to put emphasis on the name, because that's how people are going to identify, remember and communicate your product.

The importance of typeface should not be underestimated here, as it gives 'personality' and context to the words. It's the primary emotion that you associate your name with and needless to say, it should be chosen carefully. The icon really is of secondary importance.
Quote: Original post by Prototype
There's some nice graphics among those, however I'd like to stress again that the the name and the typeface used to expess it are of crucial importance to the marketability of the logo. As a relatively unknown brand you can't afford to go with a graphic alone and expect people to recognize what it's about. You have to put emphasis on the name, because that's how people are going to identify, remember and communicate your product.

The importance of typeface should not be underestimated here, as it gives 'personality' and context to the words. It's the primary emotion that you associate your name with and needless to say, it should be chosen carefully. The icon really is of secondary importance.

I agree. What type of font though? Something like this ties in with "Angel" (ie, older, medival) and still looks cool.

Although the army medal thing is very cool, I think that it does not explain what AS does - it has nothing to do with the army!

[Edited by - _Sigma on August 3, 2007 1:21:10 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement