🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Write your own chunk...

Started by
96 comments, last by superpig 22 years, 2 months ago
psybeira: nice.

--------

Somewhere, a pin dropped; and reality jarred, and shattered.

"Wha?"
"I said they're clearing up. You'll have to move on, sir."
I pulled the jeep into gear and drove back the way I came, but, after a little way, swerved off the road and drove to some large rocks. Parking the jeep behind them, I climbed the rocks, and got out my binoculars to see what exactly the military were doing.

Superpig
- saving pigs from untimely fates
- sleeps in a ham-mock at www.thebinaryrefinery.cjb.net

[edited by - Superpig on April 21, 2002 12:38:29 PM]

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Advertisement
The sight that greeted my eyes as I looked through my high magnification binoculars was incredible.
They had put up several white tents, and people in uniforms were frantically milling around them. There were even generals on site. Something must be going on, but what?
Suddenly, ...
The best thing about the internet is the way people with no experience or qualifications can pretend to be completely superior to other people who have no experience or qualifications.
E.T.''s space ship flowered down, the ramp was lowered, but E.T. didnt come out, it was more of a green female with horrile brown spikes coming out from various places of her body... (like infested kerrigan from starcraft) Suddenly the alien spoke:
But I couldn''t understand. It just sounded like a strange squealing noise mixed with someone playing punk-rock.
However, slowly, the sounds got more organised - I could almost hear the words, it was definitely getting clearer ...
The best thing about the internet is the way people with no experience or qualifications can pretend to be completely superior to other people who have no experience or qualifications.
"All your base are belong to us," she said. "You have no chance to

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

"...Escape" she lowered her/its weapon and was about to fire, then; "KabOOM" (yes I like doing this) she exploded, shocked I fell back, as I went unconscious I saw a familiar silhouette, I later realised it was the god of doom (and amateur game programmers depression) John Carmack who has armed with a rocket launcher!

[edited by - stevenmarky on April 21, 2002 2:15:46 PM]
wait - that''s no rocket launcher, OMG - IT''S A BFG!!!
I clubbed Carmack over the head with my leftover (and very stale burrito (which i grabbed from my dream before I woke up (at least I think it was a dream))) and took the BFG. I sprang up, brandishing it before the military police. "All right," I said, "No one moves, no one gets

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

hurt. And where the [deleted]heck is Shanwell!! I thought I had an appointment [previously unmentioned inorder to extend the mystery] with him!
[/looks over to military police man trying to shuffle away]
And don''t even think about...
...taking off those trousers!" He gave me a strange look. "What was the deal with that alien chick?" I said.
"You saw that?" he looked terrified, and then pointed his gun at me and radioed for his CO.
5 minutes, and a brisk walk, later, I was sitting in a military tent, tied to a chair, blindfolded. At length I heard footsteps, and a male voice:
"Good god! Private, untie that man! He''s no terrorist!"
I felt the cuffs around my hands being removed, and my blindfold was pulled off. I recoiled in response to the light, but standing in the middle of it was a silhoetted figure. As my eyes adjusted, I suddenly realised who it was:

Superpig
- saving pigs from untimely fates
- sleeps in a ham-mock at www.thebinaryrefinery.cjb.net

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement