🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Write your own chunk...

Started by
96 comments, last by superpig 22 years, 2 months ago
crawled out of my jetpack and died. I hadnt run out of fuel.. it had just stalled after being clogged up. I hurridly hammered the ignition switch on my jetpack, and after the 13th time, it started up again. I looked back towards...

-----------------------
"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else''s drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack
-----------------------"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else's drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack
Advertisement
The crowd that was forming around me.
"Come on man, I wanna play too!" One kid said.
As I looked back at the screen, wondering what I was really doing, I decided to let the next person in line play.
"Allright!" said the pockfaced kid who was next in line.
After I stepped down, I was wondering what kind of game was that. Was I doing well? Was I winning or losing? What was the object? Rather than ask, I decided to leave the arcade. I walked out into the huge sprawling space that was this spaceport''s mall. The thing that occupied the field of view here was not the rest of the line of shops, but the huge anti-grav tube that ran up the center of this place. People were flying to and fro up and down the center. You could tell who was new there as they would have the most fun, laughing and screaming as they tumbled up and down and everywhich way. Sometimes they were not so graceful, and would make a noticable thud as they hit the thick transparent alloy of the tube. I decided I would
find something to eat. I looked around the spaceport, and came across a futuristic McDonalds.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

I thought to myself for a minute... a futuristic McDonalds? How can something from the future be in the present? And if its so futuristic, why did every other McDonalds look like it? I decided to complain to management about their sign. It should say "Present day McDonalds" instead of...

-----------------------
"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else''s drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack
-----------------------"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else's drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack
but wait, it did say "Present day McDonalds!" Huh? I scratched my head like the completely confused buffoon that I was. "Buffoon" The sign said. Then I realized that it was reading my mind. Hah! I''ll show them. Over and over I thought "Crap Kitchen" to see if it would work. Sure enough, the sign said "Crap Kitchen."
"Cool!" I said aloud. It was just then that...
the thread sunk to the bottom of the threadlist. "What?" I said. "What is this threadlist of which I am speaking?" I looked down, and suddenly realised that my trousers were coming apart, leaving a whole pile of little threads on the floor. They rearranged themselves into a list, and then one - the longest, by far - sank from the top to the bottom.

Catastrophe! I was now TROUSERLESS!

Superpig
- saving pigs from untimely fates
- sleeps in a ham-mock at www.thebinaryrefinery.cjb.net

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

It was just then that reality changed. I doubt any of you have had it happen to you. Having reality suddenly change like the channel on a TV, but that''s about the best I can describe it. I was in a smelly alley. I was suddenly aware of how dark it was. I saw a kid holding what looked like a white plastic cap hover away on some kind of hoverboard. This place was dark and wet. I looked up at the orange sky. It was night, but by the looks of the sky, everywhere around except where I was standing was a well lit place. What was I doing here. And what happened to the mall? I looked down. I was thankfully wearing trousers. Suddenly I had a realization. I put my hands on my head, and realized
that my hair was wet!!! Oh dear god no!

-----------------------
I quickly pulled out my pocket hairdrier and averted the crisis.

Unfortunately it was very hot and all my hair got burnt off. Then, to make matters worse, my trousers disappeared.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement